Save/Get errors

In porting my Xywrite files to a new Gateway (1.5GB, CPU, 256K RAM, 100GB
hard disks, SCSI ), I get a persistent "out of memory" errors in loading
the save/get module. This only works on OS/2 by the way; in Windows 2000,
the fonts and full screen mode render XyWrite nearly unusable. It's been
some years since I've wriiten save/gets and there must be a better way to
write macros to individual keys. Any ideas would be most appreciated.