Stack for Search

   Thanks to David Auerbach and Robert Holmgren for STACK20D.ZIP I am now
   able to cut keystrokes significantly in SEarches across files in Xy3+.
   The problem had been that having searched across files and opened the
   document containing the search word, it was then necessary to rekey
   the search word on the command line and search again for the word
   within the file.

   Using STACK20D, the original search command (including the keyword)
   can be easily placed back on the command line. All I do after that is
   strip out the across files search characters and execute the within
   file search.

   Here is what it looks like: I use Ctrl-F to place on the Command Line:
   se c:*.// I have the cursor land back on the first slash so that I
   can enter an extender or * and then move to between the slashes to
   enter the keyword.

   Ctrl-F looks like this: 33=BC,s,e, ,c,:,*,.,/,/,CL,CL

   Once I find the keyword in the right file, I invoke O to open the
   file. Then I use Ctrl-O to place the last command on the Command Line,
   strip out the c:*.* and execute the new search.

   Ctrl-O looks like this: 24=BC,&S,CU,EL,CR,CR,CR,RC,RC,RC,RC,RC,RC,XC

   (The number of RCs (delete character) needs to be adjusted for the
   number of characters in the extender; this one is set for two
   characters)

   The number of keystrokes is now the same as in Xy4, which remembers
   the last search keyword without the STACK20D program. My Ctrl-O looks
   like this in the Xy4 program: 24=BX,(,s,e,)

   Thanks again guys.

   Jim Eberle
   jeberle@xxxxxxxx