Re: Footnotes, XYWrite and Word

Paul,
I agree with Ed. My book publishing experience extends from the late 80's as well and ASCII has always been acceptable; it is to the new publisher to whom I am currently under contract as well. I can't think of an advantage NB would offer, save as a translator to .doc format, but I believe others on this list have recommended better software to convert. BTW you say "footnotes," but do you mean endnotes? If so then the issue might be moot.

Michael Norman