Re: simple calendar question

** Reply to message from Bill Troop  on
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:39:30 +0100

> I would like some simple calendar functionality without using some
> other program - - so I wonder for a start, is there a way to save as
> text the calenders that you generate with "cal" ?

You must be using an older version of U2. CAL is now called
CALNDR (because CAL now calls a file by its long filename, e.g.
"cal mylongfilename.longextension"). CALNDR has a
counterpart called YEAR, which displays a whole year of the
calmdar on a single screen.

Can you save those screens? The CALNDR screen is not designed
to persist -- it's designed to disappear at the next keystroke
-- but YEAR does persist, and you could easily save that under a
filename. A trivial intervention in CALNDR would make it
persist too: just put an  right before the "Hit any key to
quit" PRompt, near the end of the frame.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx