Re: forwarding note Re: XyWrite for Windows in Windows 98

Is the new Nota Bene for Windows still XyWrite compatible ? Does it still
have the same hidden command form with everything in ASCII ? If so, which
XyWrite (3+ or 4 or XW) ? I tried emailing NB to ask them, but got no
answer. I did try to ask The Technology Group some sort of other question
(about a supposedly availablae 32bit XW) by phone a while ago and heard, in
passing, something about some sort of suit re NB ???
			David

At 11:47 AM 7/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
>No doubt vastly more informed people will answer. I have had similar
>problems, always, under 95. Isn't it a PostScript font/ATM problem? IN
>other words, I strongly suspect that the problem isn't going from 95 to 98,
>but simply having a different font setup. Probably just too many fonts. I
>will be most interested to hear, as I would like to get XYWin up and
>running again, and have been having problems.
>	Speaking of which: what is the state of the art in the new Win versions?
>How's the Nota Bene version? Is TTG really doing something? Where's Dave
>Ericsson in all of this?
>
>	BTW, If anyone can suggest a plausible rationale for reviewing the new
>Nota Bene product in an online Mac magazine -- The Mac Observer -- I'll do
it.

David B. Kronenfeld		Phone 	Office 909/787-4340
Department of Anthropology		Message 909/787-5524
University of California		Fax	909/787-5409
Riverside, CA 92521		email	kfeld@xxxxxxxx

http://www.ucr.edu/CHSS/depts/anthro/home.htm
http://pweb.netcom.com/~fanti/david.html