Re: VIRUS WARNING (dubious) for XYWRITE digest

Judith Davidson:
>realized it wasn't his fault. I managed to get it, and most
>references to it, off my computer, but I seem to recall that
>it travels in a header rather than in an attachment.

If virii travelled in message headers, we would all have them.
The KAK virus is simply a Windows script that is send as message text.

It (like most any other "virus" that people get hysteric about these days)
only concerns you if you use Microsoft Outlook AND have the Windows
Messaging host activated.

The rest of us can look at it and yawn.

This whole virus scare looks a lot like uninformed superstition to me. Why
is it that so many intelligent people fall for it?

-- Rene von Rentzell, temporarily exiled to Flensburg