Re: Xy on XP

At 07:15 PM 5/20/2006, Robert Holmgren wrote:
 Has anybody posted their complete TAM
file settings?
The latest Tame for Xy version is 5.1a9t, but an older version seems to be
the one up on the website. I'll cc this to David Thomas to find out if he
is ready to have the rest of us try 5.1a9t. [Well, David?]
I think with 5.1a9t the settings files are virtually a non-issue. It
doesn't need Tame.ini at all, and XYWrite.app.tam is stripped down to a
handful of things (see end of this post).

I'm very happy with 5.1a9t:
 -- cursor movement is brisk and completely smooth
 -- using the Lucida Console font is a pleasure
 -- getting the exact color-shade I want for each MoDe is terrific
-- CPU usage is around 0% to 2% (if I'm not doing anything) whether or not Xy is the active window.
 -- displaying bold, italics, superscripts, subscripts, underline is nice.

So Tame 5.1a9t is sure worth the $20. And there is a month free trial.
For 5.1a9t, the only not-commented out lines in my XYWrite.app.tam file are these (I'm cutting all comments and blank lines, pulling together everything that's actually used ):
/MacroDef OnDropFile="PGM" Options=(/SendInput bios f5 textexpand="run %TameDropDosPath%" ENTER f5 ) /MacroDef OnDropFile="*" Options=(/SendInput f5 textexpand="call %TameDropDosPath%" ENTER f5 )
/System UseHardwareCursor=t
/AutoAdapt off ; Disable adaptive performance settings
/Boost Cancel=100
/KeyGroupDef
  GroupName = Control
    Channel = Hardware