Re: Xy on XP

At 02:00 AM 5/21/2006, Harry Binswanger wrote:
I think with 5.1a9t the settings files are virtually a non-issue. It doesn't need Tame.ini at all, and XYWrite.app.tam is stripped down to a handful of things (see end of this post).

Harry,
1. Were the settings you sent already established in XYWrite.app.tam or are they the result of correspondence you've had with D. Thomas, which could render them specific to your system and the idiosyncrasies of your XY .kbd file? Ideally, we'd like to develop a XY .tam settings file that can get XY\TAME running on most systems, then tweak with some simple adjustments for individual setups.
2. I have not tried 5.1a9t yet, which brings up another question:
Each time I test a new iteration from D. Thomas, I uninstall, scrub
the registry of left-over TAME settings (with a registry cleaner,
though you could just as easily locate the keys and delete them),
install the new version, test it, then uninstall it, scrub again and
so forth to return to the version of TAME that works. I'm sure I'm
over-doing it here. Got to be a simpler way of testing.

michael.norman@xxxxxxxx