Re: Printing Mystery

Jordan, there is a default UO=1 in the HPLJ-4.PRN printer file which is causing
you to get this message (and no, I cannot tell you why this was working
previously..). The UO=1 is entered in the .PRN file because the HP4 & HP2 can
accept downloaded "outline" fonts. There is actually no reason for you to set
IM=1 in this case (unless I am missing something). The Bitstream fonts can be
downloaded to the printer, especially where it has 2.5 meg of memory. If you do
NOT set IM=1, XyWrite will download the Bistream font to the printer and the
characters will be *built* in memory. This is not only the preferred
scenario...it is faster than printing in image mode.

If you wish to use IM=1 however, just remove the UO=1 from the HPLJ-4.PRN file
(or comment it out, store, quit and reload the program), store the printer
file, quit the program and then reload XyWrite.

The scanario I described above (building the characters in memory) works for
all Bitstream Speedo fonts, not just the 3 we provide.

SysOp