Questions, questions

* In a message to Charles Herold on 08-24-95, 70154.3452@xxxxxxxx said th
following:
>>5.  The Fix Spell in Xy4 has been my main nemesis. ...
>>I have put an XPL program in my command set file which stores the
>>cursor position and goes back to it. There are two main problems.
>>First, if the word has been corrected and is no longer the same >>length,
> I will be off a character or two. ...
>
> How about adding a func PW, which would always bring you back to the first
> letter of the previous word?

I sometimes call FS from the middle of a word. The idea is that if I
return to my exact cursor position, I can begin typing the second I've
finished with the spell menu, even before the cursor's got back to its
position (which takes a second or two on my 386SX), but otherwise I have
to find my place again.
>>7.  In my fix of the spell checker, I needed to capture function
>>keys and pass them on. I found I could not do it directly, and
>>wonder if there's a way.
[...]
> The best way to accomplish what you're after would be to test for the Key
> Code (VA$KC) associated with the function key in question, then state the
> associated action explicitly. (Rather than , use , which discards
> everything after the first character or function assigned to a key.) This
> way it doesn't matter what's actually assigned to the key in the .KBD file;
> your macro retains total control. (For a variant of this approach using
> Scan Codes, take a look at a frame called Keypad in my SmartSet package
> [SMART251.ZIP].)

Ah, a function I've never heard of. What other undocumented XPL
commands do you know of besides RK?
> Personally, I'm a big fan of spell-checking to a file. I hate stopping at
> each word and facing menus and answering questions. I'd much rather scan
> down a list of "questionable" words and see at a glance which ones need
> fixing. I have a macro that automates the correction of individual words
> from the list, in case you're interested.

I've never tried that, perhaps I should. But I have a bad habit of
breaking up words, such as "th ebreak", and I need to know that those
two mispelled words are adjacent.
Charles Herold  Citizen of the Whirl
  charles.herold@xxxxxxxx

---
 * SPEED 2.00 [NR] * New members urgently required for Suicide Club.