Re: New Jumbo U2 release - v116

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Wed, 28 Jan
2004 12:10:17 -0500

> I think *dmfont* needs revision.
> Routine should be fine, but there is no more swlocal.ini. Least I can't
> find it. The func now creates a line in nb.ini.

Hah! That must be new in v7.0+ (I installed v7.0b yesterday) -- and you're
right, SWLOCAL.INI is gone, thank god. That renders U2 frame DMFONT pointless,
because you can just use the native DMFONT command to set your
eXPanded/Draft/Page-Line mode font -- and it sticks from session to session,
unlike the stupid system that they had before (you had to reset the font each
time you launched -- and U2 frame DMFONT did that automatically).

I recommend Courier New at about 18 points as your DMFONT (Draft_Mode_FONT), so
that you can see the bloody screen. The default used to be about 6 point type,
which was ridiculous.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx