LONG TIME NO SEE

It's great to hear from you again, Jim. I think, in fact, the first time I saw
someone access the help file to grab special characters was in those xpl
programs you uploaded to Compuserve. I certainly remember a few times we had
together: Vancouver, 1983, at the WCC assembly, and 1984 in Quebec City, where
you disappeared after a couple of days. Looking back, that may have been the
smart thing to do. When we at the Journal switched to XyWrite less than a year
ago, in a huge panic (thanks to no planning, we hadn't even CHOSEN the hardware
for our LAN six weeks before we needed it, let alone purchased the stuff) it
turned out that I was the only one in the building who knew how to use the
program. So I have turned into the XyWrite guru here, and I'm not writing
anymore.