Re: Long time lurker on the XyWrite list and...

Jordan,

Thanks for this info, Kari. I think you would find that eCS is a lot closer to supporting contemporary hardware than that last version of OS/2, although there may still be some gaps. I already have one VPC package that you provided, which probably has some overlap with this one. But it's always good to have additional options.
eCS is indeed the only option if you want to use the OS/2-type operating system as the main system software, but running a version of OS/2 in a virtual machine is the thing to do today. It fulfils what the main selling point of eCS is: "eCS/2 allows IBM OS/2 and DOS users to run their existing programs on today's hardware." (see: http://www.ecomstation.com/) In the same vein as my recommendation of running older Windows programs under W2K, an older and more light-weight version of OS/2 might even be preferable to eCS, and it is much less costly as it is free. The operating system is just a piece of middleware that facilitates running the actual application you want to run. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/