XYDOS AND XYWIN

 -> Nathan Sivin:

XY-> FUNCTIONS THAT DIFFER IN XW 4.12 AND XY 4.015

XY-> NAME    VERSION    DESCRIPTION

XY-> AB    Y    Abandon current window

XY-> W=IN XW ONLY    Y=IN XY ONLY

Nathan,

I found your entire post to be fascinating (and I saved it to be
able to look at it at length later).

But I was curious about the "AB" since it was a command (abort),
rather than function call, in 3.55. It also exists in 4.12, but
there the command is called "abandon" or "ab." Also interesting
is that in the Xywin DLG the label is "abandon" but the written
command is "abort." I tried both "abandon" and "abort" on the
Xywin command line, and each works.

In any case, all the variations close a file without saving and
"auto" windows allows window closure; in 3.55 (with "manual"
windows) I had stacked the remove screen (rmvscr) command after
the ab command.

And it checks out in Xywin too. Either rmvscr or rs works on the
command line to close a window (but it isn't mentioned in the
manual). So you can stack the commands on the Xywin keyboard file
as well.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx