Re: e: ansi (OT)

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> Manuel Castelao wrote:
> >
> > See a chart here:
> > http://www.kostis.net/charsets/cp1252.htm
> > Or this tutorial on character code issues:
> > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/chars.html
> > Manuel Castelao

> the pages displayed
> correctly in Firefox. When I copied and pasted to
> EditPad (a Notepad
> replacement that I use when I'm afraid Xy might go
> OOM with large or
> overly formatted copying), most things came over,
> except the Greek
> title at the end of one of the internally linked
> passages. EditPad
> rendered it as a string of question marks.

Somewhat better results than occurred here. I used
"Save Link Target As" in SeaMonkey (the continuation
of Mozilla Suite) to pick up those files. They would
not Copy to my FAT-16 D:, however. (OS/2 error code
276 -- something about corrupted EAs.) I don't recall
ever seeing that one before, but then I've been doing
some hard drive migration experiments lately, so all
bets are off. Or maybe the codepage discrepancy had
something to do with it . . . .

Anyway, I've since managed to correct this, and have
saved the files for Xy-reference, should they ever be
needed.

 Jordan