5: the Users' Website is up

Rick Penticoff and I have been cooperating to create a NB users'
website. It's now up. You will find it at:

http://users.moscow.com/rpenticoff/NB

It consists of several packages of user tips, programs and other
adjuncts for NB5, which you can browse online and/or download.

***The `FAQs' are user tips in 4 categories (General, Keyboard,
Ibidem and Programming), compiled from postings to the NB list
over the past year.

***`Documentation and Help Files' contains Tony Woozley's
Customization and Programming Guide, written for NB4, but
invaluable for NB5, and essential if you want to do XPL
programming. (You'll also find text versions of NB5 help files,
but they're pretty long in the tooth: they were done last July,
several NB5 updates ago.)

Rick will shortly be putting the Codelists on the site - draft
lists of codes and variables that work in NB5. You'll need them
as well as the CPG Guide if you're going to do XPL programming.

***`Keyboard Tables' are Rick's keyboard-table lists, showing all
the key definitions for both NB4 and NB5 - extremely useful if
you're customizing your keyboard:

***`XPL Utilities' are some user-written programs that work
in NB5. You can download individual programs, or there's a link for
at the bottom of the page for downloading the lot.

***`Xtras' contains links to non-XPL utilities that NB users may
find useful.

Please let one of us know of any errors you find, and of your
suggestions for improvement. Our email addresses are:

  rpenticoff@xxxxxxxx

and

  mary_bernard@xxxxxxxx

The current pages contain tips posted to the list up to the end
of March 2000. I've already started compiling new files; they'll
be added to the website at irregular intervals - in other words,
when they get big enough.

I'll post this notice every two months, at the beginning of the
month, so that people who are new to the list can find their way
to Rick's website and the goodies there.

We hope you enjoy the site - we've had fun doing it.

Mary

Mary Bernard