Onscreen fonts in XyWin

Thanks to everyone who replied to my inquiries about this.

In Win98's "Display Properties" I changed the Screen Area parameter from
1024x768 to 800x600.
At the same time, in XyWin's XWSET.DFL I changed DF ZM from 100 to 120 [am
I right in thinking the factory default was 85?].

Not very scientific to change two variables at once; but it worked, and I
now fill the screen very legibly in Draft, Page-line and Expanded modes.

Now I want to know why, in Draft and Page-line modes, any modified text
(i.e. text that's been marked for italic, bold etc.) appears absolutely
tiny. This is maddening -- will I was seeking (and, as noted, receiving)
this group's help on the basic onscreen character size, this much more
difficult problem was there all the time.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel