Re: Onscreen fonts in XyWin

Jane Van Tassel wrote:

> Now I want to know why, in Draft and Page-line modes, any modified text
> (i.e. text that's been marked for italic, bold etc.) appears absolutely
> tiny. This is maddening -- will I was seeking (and, as noted, receiving)
> this group's help on the basic onscreen character size, this much more
> difficult problem was there all the time.

Hmm and hmm . . .

To tell you the truth, Jane, I no longer even have XyWin loaded on my
computer. I have 4.18 for DOS and NB 5.05. But: when I used XyWin I do
remember something like that. This is worth a shot, but I don't
guarantee a thing:

At the top of the files, set styles for italic, bold, etc.
≪SSIT,MD=IT≫, etc. Then, instead of inserting mode codes, insert a
style marker where you want itals ≪USIT≫. You may also have to make
the point size larger to get this to work, ≪SSIT,MD=IT,SZ=12pt≫. Then,
again, it may well not work at all.

Best I can do for ya.

--
Leslie Bialler