Re: New fonts under Tame?

At 01:10 PM 8/10/2008, Si Wright wrote:
What kind of fonts does Tame 5.1 like?
Try this: View->Otpions->, first put a check in
front of *show all fonts* then a check in front
of *line draw text style.* That should give you a
fairly long list from the View-->Text Font
dialog, pretty much the standard Win font list.
Shouldn't vary much from the list you get in, say, MSWord?
My problem with the handful I can use is that virtually all of them space the letters too far apart.
These would be monospaced fonts, which, FWIW, I
prefer. Much easier to pick up type-o's and so
forth when you're doing a lot of editing. But
this is strictly chacun son goût.
Others use distracting symbols for carriage return, like a dot indistinguishable from a period.
Not sure about this. Maybe Bill Troop has some
insight. Or it might disappear after you've tried the above.
Let us know. I use Fontcraft Courier (very cheap)
or Adobe Courier Standard, a PS font.
Other settings to look at: View->Options...make
sure aspect ration is UNCHECKED. View->Line
spacing, try setting #2. That extra letting is
easier on the eyes. View->Screen Layouts should
be 25 VGA on that small screen of yours. There
are lots of other options, but let's wait to see
what other problems you encounter.
Michael Norman