Re: 98 again

There is no reason to upgrade to Win98 for USB support if you can
get the update to Win95 (service pack 2, I think).
I have 4.00.95B. Isn't that the latest version? I also have something
called USB Supplement version 4.03.1214.
With this, USB doesn't work. Moreover, the Palm
USB unit software won't install unless you have 98
or greater. (Isn't it also true that Adobe InDesign --
which may be something of a dead issue -- requires
98 or greater?) Nevertheless, I have been quite
happy with 95 (I'm still also on 8.6 on the Mac) and
am considering strongly staying there. My major complaint
with 95 is that with 96MB of RAM, I still constantly
find that when running Netscape 4.74 and Eudora 4.3,
and XyWrite, it soon becomes impossible to switch
between programs. Usually Netscape seems to be the
one that won't work. Whether the problem is bloating
in Netscape, or Eudora, or something else, I have no idea,
but I did not have this problem two years ago, let's say.
Regardless, thanks for the warning re 98. I was about
to load the CD. Now I'm scared!