Re: XyWrite Plugin for BartPE; Portable Xy4; Network-Installable Xy4

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:02:20 -0400

Harry:

> I've dl-ed
> MakePortableXy4.zip and will try that and the BART part soon.

I would also DL MakeXy4Net.zip. I would focus first and
foremost on making a **working** Portable Xy4 installation.
Then, after you get that running, make Xy4Net.exe. A version of
XyWrite that was launchable from a remote network (LAN or
Internet) location was, after all, what YOU requested! And, I
gotta say, it works really well.

As for BartPE, you need a working version of BartPE first (and a
working PortableXy4.exe) before you can install the XyWrite
plugin. Horse first, then cart. If you get Step 1) under your
belt, the other two (Xy4Net.exe and the BartPE plugin) are
automatic.

And before you customize anything, I would try it plain vanilla,
so you get the basic idea. Building an uncustomized Portable
Xy4 is real easy.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx