Running DOS programs in full-screen mode in XP

Robert, can you tell me what those instructions were that
you gave Leslie for getting XyWrite to fill the screen? I've had no
success in filling up the screen in XP Home/SP1. It's not specific to
XyWrite: I can't get the DOS command prompt to fill the screen either. In
full-screen mode both programs run in a little box in the middle of the
screen, with about two blank inches all around. I've played with all the
options in the properties dialog box, and I'm sure that's not where the
answer lies. I'm using an HP notebook I bought a few months ago, a
Pavilion ZV5000, model # dl228av

Thanks very much,
Alan

I enter XyWrite from a desktop shortcut, which brings it to full screen, full width (this is XP), having used RH's instructions to get full screen and full width when I got this machine.