Re: Is there a macro...?

Maben,

I don't really get the question but here are some ideas, one of which may be what you want:

1. U2's ASC function can return the ascii code for a character that is stored in s/g 50. See Help ASC 2. If you define the character and hit (in the standard Xy4 .kbd file) ctrl-alt-shift C, it will copy the character to the Command Line. 3. Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Character Map shows you all the Alt+ values: you select the character in question and the Alt+nnn appears at the bottom of the dialog box.

This last is probably the easiest way.

 As I recall, there was a macro in the last DOS version of NB--
 NB 4.5b, if I recall well--that gave one the ALT+number pad
 combination that permit one to recreate the character under one's
 cursor. This may have been a macro created by one of the NB
 aficionados. Acute "e" would result in ALT + 130 on the command
 line after one pressed a key combination, which I cannot recall
 at the moment. Is there something similar in the U2 file? If
 there is, I cannot find it.

 Thanks in advance.

 M. W. Poirier
Harry Binswanger