Re: Xy on Linux

flash@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I tried Linux and found it at least as frustrating as Windows. Too many drivers simply don't exist
Yes, but you're probably using bleeding-edge hardware,
something I never do. I've gotten two distros to run
and recognize all my main hardware (haven't tried the
USB flash drives, nor checked the NIC). The sticking
point... but that will take us OT. I tried CodeWeavers'
Crossover OFfice, which came (trial version) with
Xandros, but--this is highly ironic--it wouldn't work
because CrossOver wants a Windows Install file for any
app it's going to run. Can't, apparently, cope with an
already existing .exe file.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx