Re: Xy 3.55

>After not using 3.55 since Signature, I am astounded by how fast it is. But
>also how inconvenient, in some ways. On balance, 4x is *almost* as fast,
>with a lot more nice touches. But I'm thinking memory here, so I
>need to use the smallest possible program.

  You might want to play around with using XY4 with the
bitstream fonts and *.dlg and *.mnu files removed. It worked fine
on my little Zeos subnotebook that way (8088 cpu at 4.74mhz and 1
meg of RAM, no HD or floppy, all loaded on a 1 meg PCMCIA card)
and seemed about as fast as XY3 on the same machine. I had to
edit the .kbd file to make some of the keys work that were lost
when I took out the .dlg files, but that wasn't too hard.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!