Re: Is Xy 4 now freeware?/my advice abandonware

I think Carl is asking, through this thought experiment, how much XyWrite
is worth to you.
In my case, I'd say $10,000 or more. It would be hard for me to run my
business without XyWrite.
BTW, I'm nudging Steve Siebert (of Nota Bene technical support) to fix
NB10+ so that it will at least load the U2 file. At present, trying to do
so gives an error message: "file is missing {{" even if the file is empty.
Reply to note from flash  Fri, 29 May 2015 23:09:49
+0200

> If someone were to repackage the program and start (re-)selling
> it, some lawyer might smell a fee ...

This assumes that there would be a market for the repackaged program.

Which leads to a hypothetical question: Suppose that all copies of all
versions of EDITOR.EXE in all the world -- including yours, mine and
everyone else's -- disappeared, except for one copy (of each version)
held by an eBay seller who puts it up for auction. What would be your
maximum bid (in US dollars) to recover your favorite flavor of XyWrite
or NB-DOS?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx