Welcome, Britt!

[nb: Apologies if this is a second posting. AO records confirm
that I sent it the first time Saturday noonish, but it hasn't
come back to me from xywrite@xxxxxxxx.   --annie]

To: Britt | Technical Support

Hi, Britt: Welcome to the list! What a pleasure it is to see you and Paul
Leuba posting here! With help like this on a v3 problem, I could
be induced to upgrade from xyDos 4 to xyWin.

You wrote: :   The work around in version 3.56 is to : map the AR
function to the space bar key.

The AR function has come to interest me only because so many
subscribers are enthusiastic about it--most recently, Kiyoshi's
mention of the "wonderful shorthand languages based on the AR
function" that users could not live without when AR disappeared.
Since I've never used AR I may be missing something, but with
v3.56 loaded, an entry
   britt Britt in PERS.SPL in my \x3 subdir, and
   57=AR, <- space after comma (indents here for clarity) or
   57= ,AR in my .kbd file, when I type britt, all that happens
at the spaceband is a space. Nor does
   57=AR work. I hope editor.exe isn't so smart it's punishing
me for my xyPiracy before going legit with v3.56. ;) Or have I
just done something dumb--again?
Perhaps other subscribers can help?

Thanks very much for your attention.   --annie

========================== annie fisher  nyc