Re: F5--and everything went black...

Jon,

Back on thread here:

≪It is the F5 key itself, not the BC function, which causes no problems
when run as func BC or from a different key.

Creature of habit that I am, I want a one-key command line clear, not a
CTRL combination. I have remapped F10 for BC and F5 for CC (which I use
less often). But I'm still getting used to it, and may, as Robert
suggests by implication, just put up with the blackouts and stick with
F5. ≫

Did you try remapping the F5 key to NI (do not exit program)? E.g.,
65=NI to see whether the screen still blanks. If so, try remapping F5 to
a nonfunction, e.g., 65= to see whether the screen still blanks.