Re: Further on Hyperterminal [WebDrive/NetDrive]

** Reply to message from "Robert Holmgren"  on Sun, 3 Jul
2005 10:51:14 -0400

About two seconds after posting the last msg, I realized that I don't use
payware WebDrive anymore (although I did until a couple of years ago); instead
I use NetDrive, which is a quasi-free product bundled with Novell Netware. The
difference between WebDrive and NetDrive is exactly $49.95 USD, because
NetDrive is an OEM version of WebDrive, licensed by Novell, that you can
download freely from dozens of universities, e.g. (v4.1):

 https://nw-files.port.ac.uk/netdrive.exe

but to get the very latest version (v4.12 dated 11/04 -- very hard to find on
the web, Novell has removed it from its public sites and they [or WebDrive] may
be intervening if they find it posted elsewhere, so if you think you might want
it, grab it *now*! -- 5.6Mb) you could go here:

 http://www.redcor.ch/support/downloads/netdrive412.exe

Win95 and up. Can map HTTP to local driveletters also via WebDAV... Does SSL
in W2K and WXP (only). It's so simple to use, it is like falling off a chair.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx