Re: A plea for clarity

   I heartily endorse what Carl Di Stefano
and Harry Binswanger said.
   If Harry, a XyWrite maven, has trouble figuring out what some messages
mean, imagine how they read to someone who bought XyWin recently and is just
beginning to venture beyond the defaults and into XPL.
   There must be others who lurk on the list in the hope of improving
their mastery of this program. The only time I posted a question I got two
snide answers telling me, in effect, to RTFM.
Listen, guys -- I've been using computer systems from mainframes to minis
and mastered God knows how many different apps, dozens for sure, since 1973.
I know how to read TFM. I had already done that, and the instructions didn't
work.
   I haven't asked a question since, for fear of attracting more thunder
and lightning from the Olympians on their lofty height.

Harry started this thread by saying:
>May I request that people here put in a little effort to make their messages
>clearer to people with a different context? I can guess at many of the
shortcuts taken--such
>as what ^*@N means, but perhaps others less fortunately endowed than myself
would have
>a greater struggle. ;-)