Re: NB Beta?

I hesitate to wade in here, since I'm sure that there are those who
know more. But...
You have to remember that NB Windows is a bastard (even if a bastard
that I kind of like !)--with new Windows stuff added on its XY DOS
legacy. New stuff that's added seems all up to later Windows
abilities (for better or for worse), but the passive legacy stuff
seems pretty much left as it was. The legacy is nice for those of us
who are in the habit of using old XY command line (and other) stuff.
Among the things left untouched--i.e. in the legacy state--seem to be
internal directory and file-name stuff, hence the truncation (which
also happens when one appends the file name to a document as I like to do).
But I routinely use long filenames in NB* with no problem at
all--when I use them in the NB Windows ways--re directories and such,.
I don't know enough to know whether changing the internal file
names/directories stuff in NB would be easy or hard for NB. Unless
someone here already know the answer, you might email "Steve" at NB
in New York and ask about it. It would be nice to have long
filenames work everywhere.
                David