Re: Missing descenders in Notabene

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Well, anything is lean and mean by comparison with Weird. But your example was a hardly-formatted-at-all e-mail. But here's a moderately formatted doc in Xy:
Actually, it wasn't an E-mail. It was a "real" letter, composed
originally in Text Edit, printed and sent on paper. But that's impressive
cruft on the sample you gave us. Yes, I've seen that before--it was a few
years ago that I last converted an XY file into RTF. It wasn't as bad
as yours, but pretty dense with the coding.
I'm sure there's a place where you could find out what the RTF codings
mean, if you wanted to know. I'd be more curious about the "architecture"
of it all, but other tasks are more pressing.

Carlo
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx