Nasty Vista "Features"

Having been saying Vista's not so bad, I just discovered a real
nasty. GSView's Help files were created to call on Windows Help
program (WinHlp32.exe). But that is no longer included in Vista.
GSView _works_ OK, but you cannot access its help files. So
anyone who expects to use GSView under Vista would be well
advised to either print out the help files on an XP machine or (a
better idea, since you won't have to haul umpteen pages of dead
trees around), load a Postscript printer driver on the XP box,
print the help files to files, then run them through GSView's PDF
creation routine.
And if you want to print under Vista from Xy, you're probably
going to need GSView. TYP works as beautifully as it always has.
But I still have not figured out how to get NET USE to map a USB
printer to a virtual LPT port. So it's either connect your
printer to a parallel port or use TYP.
I wonder, could one simply copy WinHelp32.exe to the Vista setup?
Probably not.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx