Re: WIN genealogy

Robert wrote:
(Home and Pro being M$'s clever strategy to get you to buy XP twice, first Home
because you're a "light" user or because that's what where manufacturer is
getting the best M$ discounts, then Pro after you realize how underpowered &
uncontrolled Home is).
I'm very interested in this. I bought Home because I couldn't see what the
advantage of Pro would be. If I'm underpowered, I'd like to know that. I'm
not aware of it. Would I get more speed from Pro? Home is markedly more
reliable than 98, which was markedly more reliable than 95. I do have to
occasionally re-boot Home to get rid of some anomalous behavior in
something, but I don't know that I've ever had a total system freeze-up
with Home.

Thanks for any info on the advantages of Pro over Home.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx