Xy-Dosemu (and Dosbox) non-Postscript printer

>From: Paul Lagasse
>This won't work in Xy-Dosbox, which is somewhat walled off from the
>system, but there is an easy keyboard kludge. You can force XyWrite to
>print to a file that always has the same short name, then hit the key
>assigned to what Gnome calls "Show the panel run application dialog"
>(Alt-F2 in the default Linux key assignment; KDE calls the key "Run
>command"), type "lpr filename" and hit ENTER and you're done. If the
>filename you print to is short and in yr home directory, then "lpr 1"
>(for ex.) is all you need type (Dosbox uppercases its filenames, so I
>used a number to avoid the case-sensitivity issue).

Paul,

I have not yet spent any time getting dosemu working on my machine, since I am generally happy with
Dosbox. However, I tried your suggested procedure for printing Xy-Dosbox files, and it works like a
dream!

With a little bit of keyboard.kbd macro programing as well as some Xmacro programing in Linux, I'm
pretty sure I can reduce the typing necessary to print a xywrite file to practically nothing. Thank
you for letting me know about this easy kludge.

All the best,

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705