Re: Xy-Dosemu (and Dosbox) non-Postscript printer [Vista printer issues]

Paul Lagasse wrote:
I need to add one more thing, which I'd forgotten about, and which probably affects the utility of this workaround for you (assuming you can get it to work). I had originally set the nonexistent LPT1's printer's print processor to TEXT, because I did not have an appropriate Xy printer file for the Samsung printer. And in reworking through this, I find can't get LTP1 to work with RAW (the standard WinPrint setting). But with it set to Text, I can print from Xy and from a DOS prompt.
Not under Vista without a real network. This time Xy reported
(just as it did when I had the HP hooked up at the office) "Write
fault. Printer error." But there I was able to
copy d:\xy4\fo.tmp lpt1
Here, Vista reports being unable to find the "file" (i.e., lpt1) specified.
I will shortly be moving an XP box at the office from one desk
(and purpose) to another, and it will have an HP connected to its
USB port. At that point, I will very thoroughly test and debug
the net use thing, which should work under XP, and try and draw
up some thorough documentation. The Vista mess is another matter.
Most of the tech sites I have seen don't seem to know what they
are talking about. There may be something on M$'s site, but I am
utterly paranoid about going there on any system I use regularly.
They have all the keys to all the doors we don't even know exist.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx