Bob Zimmerman wrote:
From: Paul Lagasse
This won't work in Xy-Dosbox, which is somewhat walled off from the system, but there is an easy keyboard kludge. You can force XyWrite to print to a file that always has the same short name, then hit the key assigned to what Gnome calls "Show the panel run application dialog" (Alt-F2 in the default Linux key assignment; KDE calls the key "Run command"), type "lpr filename" and hit ENTER and you're done. If the filename you print to is short and in yr home directory, then "lpr 1" (for ex.) is all you need type (Dosbox uppercases its filenames, so I used a number to avoid the case-sensitivity issue).

Paul,

I have not yet spent any time getting dosemu working on my machine, since I am generally happy with
Dosbox. However, I tried your suggested procedure for printing Xy-Dosbox files, and it works like a
dream!

With a little bit of keyboard.kbd macro programing as well as some Xmacro programing in Linux, I'm
pretty sure I can reduce the typing necessary to print a xywrite file to practically nothing. Thank
you for letting me know about this easy kludge.