Re: A wild new idea for the future of XyWrite

Carl,
Do you think vDOS-lfn would allow me to drop TameDOS? Does it allow full use of bigger windows? I've now set Tame for 120 width and 43 line length. And I use Lucida Console. Would love to be able to use Windows fonts like Calibri, Cambria, and Consolas.
Reply to note from "Wengier W"  (Redacted
sender "wengierwu" for DMARC) Thu, 14 Jul 2016 22:10:13 +0000 (UTC)

Wengier wrote:

> With 64-bit Windows you can run DOS programs using platforms like
> vDos-lfn just like when you run DOS programs using NTVDM under 32-
> bit Windows.

I would add that XyWrite running under a vDos-based platform like
vDos-lfn *looks* much better than it does under the Windows 7 NTVDM.
The latter doesn't support full-screen DOS, and its windowed DOS
doesn't support native DOS colors. With vDos-lfn, you can customize the
screen font, screen colors, and default window size, etc. -- and you
can have true DOS color schemes in windowed mode. For me, the way
XyWrite looks, and the ability to change the way it looks depending on
the ambient light, is very important. Not to mention the option to make
it look like it did on the IBM PC back in the 1980s -- only better.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx