One great feature of 4 is wildcard search and replace. Extremely useful.

Harry
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2011, at 11:15 AM, mailto:charles@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Harry, I appreciate all your help and expertize, but you have me puzzled on one thing...I could swear I've read in a dozen places that IV is buggy and slow compared to III...is this true? Or is it which version of IV one has? Or was this just complaining from diehard III's who didn't want to change?

Best, Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: "Harry Binswanger" mailto:hb@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:15am
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: getting past login

Harry, it's taken me this long to upgrade from 3.55 to 3.58b, so
don't hold yer breath. "Never change a running system."

3.55 to 3.58 isn't even an upgrade.

If you use Xy only once every couple of months, stick with what you know. But more frequently than that, I'd urge getting 4 because: a) there's actually more support here for 4 than for 3, b) operationally, from a user-perspective (rather than a power user's) you probably couldn't tell which one you were using.

Harry Binswanger
mailto:hb@xxxxxxxx