Re: (OT) Windows98 Upgrade to 98SE

Reply to message from Sam Martin [mailto:semartin@xxxxxxxx] on
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:50 PM

≪I want to upgrade my operating system so as to install USB2, for which
the original Windows 98 provided no support.≫

And you have a USB2 card (or PC Card, if the machine is a laptop) that
has drivers for W98 SE? You're lucky. Most hardware late enough to have
USB2 never heard of 9x. And I'm not sure it really works. This PC was
sold to me as having USB2, but Windows 98 SE doesn't recognize it as 2.
Of course, the dealers (a mendacious lot who skipped town shortly after
my purchase) may have just been lying in their teeth.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx