startup problem with 4.017

Sorry for a dumb question, but. . . . I recently upgraded (hmmm) to XyWrite
4.017. I am using it in dos under windows 95. This solved numerous problems I
was having with diacritics, italics, etc., but my settings.dfl file does not
load at startup, and I have to load it manually. Apparently startup.int (which
has the command ≪BX LOAD \XY4\SETTINGS.DFLQ2 FF ;*;≫) does not run. I don't
know where in the windows or dos (or XY4) to cause it to do so.

Any advice gratefully received.			Bruce Felknor