Re: xy3-spain to xy4-uweb119

** Reply to message from Correo Fenda  on Mon, 13 Feb
2006 20:03:27 +0100

> the problem is due to the name of the commands between
> gillemets! Just an example: bold is NE and MDBO MONE, HY1 is GN2 and so
> on.

Oh, OK. Hmmm, then... what routine did Jesus intend to run via SWEEP? What
procedure exactly did he intend to use? Does he know about the automated
procedure for doing this, involving NCP2X.EXE and a specially-formatted file
called TRANSX.TRN? This converts foreign language Xy3 format names in files to
English language Xy4 formats. This is the proper, simple way to do this.

The syntax is:
 NCP2X file-in file-out TRANSX.TRN 437 /N
I have NCP2X.EXE and a TRANSX.TRN formatted for *German* -- I do NOT have a
Spanish version of this file (would like one, though, if you have it). You
probably do have something like it, in your Spanish language version of Xy3.
And if you don't, then TRANSX.TRN is a plain-text file, and you can just edit
it to reflect Spanish (change German to Spanish). It's very simply organized,
just each command on a separate line, with English{space}Spanish, e.g.
BO NE

But tell me this: is your Xy3 EDITOR.EXE really a "Spanish version"? Because
that's not usually the way XyQuest managed this situation. They gave you the
same EDITOR.EXE that everybody got; non-English languages were managed by
DLG-like programming, using the "@E2N" command (English-to-Native); the
opposite command is "@N2E" (Native-to-English). Likewise, for VAriables, you
used the VN command instead of VA... I'm sure you know more about all this
stuff than I do, since I have zero use for it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx