Re: NOTA NENE

William H. TeBrake wrote (with his usual clarity and good sense):

> Yes, it's a pain not having proper documentation. On the other hand,
> none of us is totally helpless either.

Quite so. I believe the correct way to approach NB, and in fcat this is
what I have done, is to think of it as the Windows version of XyWrite
that works. I simply loaded my customized Xy keyboards, my altkeys.sav
files, my xpl files, and let 'em rip. When something fails to work I try
to compare the features with Xy 4 for Dos with the new program and see
where they diverge, and why.

> As long as you work on copies,
> why not simply try your XPL programs.

I have done precisely that, and while I am far from testing them all, my
"key" programs do work in the way they have done with XyDos (and did
_not_ in some cases in XyWin). There are two things to keep in mind, and
you can fix this with the tools/preferences menu. (a) Make sure the
messages are set to appear on the prompt line rather than the dialog box
and (b) set the message duration to 3 rather than 18, so they don't stay
up there for an annoyingly long period of time if your XPL depends on
looping at an  What's to screw up?
> Either they
> work or they don't.

Exactly right.

A surprising number of Robert and Carl's routines
> in XyWWWeb work in NBWin without any tinkering.

Of course they do! What else would you expect from the wisest of the
wise persons?

> Others do not, but they
> do not consequently cause any problems. Now if I could only figure out
> how to get the help4xxxx frames in XyWWWeb to work in NBWin. I suspect
> it needs an additional help file loaded (U4, or something like that?).
> Maybe I will try to load a few of the things that came with XyWin.
> Best regards,

Let us know, please, Bill.

--
Leslie Bialler