Re: bIg monitors

I agree. I've used 21" monitors exclusively for years.
Just make sure you have at least a 75 Hz refresh
rate at your target resolution which will probably be
1280x1024 or 1600x1200. There are many sub-$1000
bargains out there. If you know you can live without
color on at least one of your systems, try a big
greyscale monitor. They're much smoother and
cleaner than color monitors: an ideal writing tool.
I confess I also enjoy working on a 1024x768 13"
LCD laptop, but there you're closer to the screen.
With a big monitor, you can be three or four feet
away.
 If you are _only_ using the monitor for XyWrite,
you only need 640x480, which may help you in
finding some real bargains or in dealing with some
technical obstacles (for instance, I have an old
Sigma monitor that is _not_ multisynch but,
rather, dual synch; with any card, it will work at
640 by 480; with its own special video card, it
will work at 1600x1200; you wouldn't need that
special card if you were only using it for XyWrite).