Re: mouse droppings in Xy4/DOS

In using a mouse under the same conditions as yours except without NDOS, I have
had no problem (I use v. 4.015--is this the latest, anyone?). I remember a
remark about mouse trails in a README file somewhere; you might review those at
your disposal.

If Allan's suggestion does not work, the next obvious test is to fire up
XY under DOS without NDOS and let the unassembled company know if the problem
persists.

If I may pop in an allied question, an obvious weakness of mouse support is
that, by default, all 3 buttons do the same thing, namely move the cursor or
select by dragging. That is a very weak strategy, since after marking you
can't use the mouse to move to the new position, or the block is unmarked.
Does anyone know how to reassign mouse keys? Since I use a
PCTrac trackball, it would be nice to use a rational configuration, namely
drag-and-select, move cursor, and enter on separate buttons, with the first two
for 2-button mice.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania