Re: From the KBD file: What is this ?

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Sat, 03 Nov 2001
12:22:37 -0800

> The unshifted F-11 is the Helpkey (wasn't that the standard
> recommendation ?); The func BT line quoted above was placed on
> the CTRL-F11 key assignment. I'm guessing that the beep and
> error when this is used must be because this designation of the
>  amounts to a Toggle key, which is exclusive and does
> not like one to attempt to do anything _else_ with the F-11 key
> once it has been so designated.

I'm mystified.  isn't a toggle; it simply launches U2-
based programs. Moreover, if you assign  to F11, i.e.,

TABLE=
87=NOXHJM(,2,.,P,r,s,C,M,l,i,n,e,)

it should have no effect on Ctrl-F11, which should remain available
for any function you want to assign to it:

TABLE=CTRL,CTRL+CAPS
87=BT

That's certainly the case here.

I'm thinking the beep you're hearing has to do with that extraneous
func XC after BT. Remove the XC, and bye-bye beep. In fact, kill
the present Ctrl-F11 assignment in its entirety, and substitute

87=DXSWf,DO

and I think you'll be where you want to be. Or so I hope.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx