Re: Subject: Re: styles, win98 workaround question

Patricia, thank you. FW.

On 5/21/06, Patricia M. Godfrey  wrote:
ON Fri, 19 May 2006 Fred Weiner  wrote:

 >>Is there a way to keep win98 from relegating XY4DOS to minimized on the
 >>taskbar when loaded via it's .pif from autoexec.bat? I want XY to be up
 >>there on screen after the boot process completes.

On May 20, he amended that thus:

 >> actually have been loading from
\windows\start menu\programs\startup.<<

Hmm, what exactly have you put in the startup folder? When I put a
shortcut to the batch file that loads Xy, it works fine: Xy pops up,
even before my CD-Writer and Zonealarm.

Here's my batch file; you will need to alter your drive and directory
structure to reflect your setup, and if you don't use TYP you needn't
include the GS folders in your path:

path=c:\windows;c:\windows\command;d:\xyw4dos;C:\gs\GS8.53\bin;C:\gs\GS8.53\lib;C:\gs\Ghostgum\GSVIEW;C:\gs\Ghostgum\PSTOTEXT;
cd d:\xyw4dos
d:
editor.exe

Create a shortcut to it in Startup, set its properties however you like
them, and voilà.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx