Re: Xy on XP

Michael Norman wrote:
Harry,
1. Were the settings you sent already established in XYWrite.app.tam or are they the result of correspondence you've had with D. Thomas, which could render them specific to your system and the idiosyncrasies of your XY .kbd file?
I don't know. I mean they came with the 5.1a9t version that David put up
for me.
Ideally, we'd like to develop a XY .tam settings file that can get XY\TAME running on most systems, then tweak with some simple adjustments for individual setups.
2. I have not tried 5.1a9t yet, which brings up another question: Each
time I test a new iteration from D. Thomas, I uninstall, scrub the
registry of left-over TAME settings (with a registry cleaner, though you
could just as easily locate the keys and delete them), install the new
version, test it, then uninstall it, scrub again and so forth to return to
the version of TAME that works. I'm sure I'm over-doing it here. Got to be
a simpler way of testing.
I stopped messing with the registry to test and just made sure the files in
the Tame 5.1 folders were all the latest ones. There are two such folders,
one in Program Files and one in My Documents. I can't figure out the
difference, and David is not good at communications (doesn't answer emails
promptly and doesn't explain or state things clearly in the emails he does
send).

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx