RE: Settings for XP

Jim wrote:
Harry: I have the opposite cursor problem in Windows XP Home with Xy 4.018: My cursor is a fullsize rectangle and blinks very often. At work with Windows 2000, I have a normal, half-size, slower blinking cursor. The cursor under XP is very distracting. I'm sorry I can't help with your problem, but please let me know what you've done to get a small cursor. I used your default setting in Settings.dfl (DF CR=0,112,88,4) but the size of my cursor did not become smaller.

I thought you'd have the answers, but there you are with more questions! :-)
I did two things. 1) experiment with an empty STARTUP.INT, 2) Right click on the title bar of the open Xy Window, the title bar being the top blue line, go to Properties, Option tab, choose your cursor size, OKay it, in the ensuing dialogue box choose "Save properties for future windows with same title," OKay that. Then close Xy, re-open it and see if it "took." If it did, see if you can keep it working when you reintroduce content into STARTUP.INT. What I had to do was add a top line:

BX pQ2 ;*;

That got the timing right.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx