Re: Strange files...

Reply to note from "M.W. Poirier"  Tue, 10
Jan 2006 19:58:47 -0400 (EDT)

> I believe you Carl, but that is not what I see happening. As
> I said, the overflow files are visible in the btfonts
> directory, beneath XY4, when I am in the programme and look
> in that directory. After I exit the programme, and go to
> that same directory in DOS, the overflow files with the TMP
> ender are gone, and I have not taken any steps to delete
> them.

By golly, Maben, you are right! I just tried it myself and that is
exactly what happens! I'm perplexed, because for years I've watched
those .TMP files accumulate in my VADR directory, and have deleted
them manually from time to time. Based on that experience I believe
it's still accurate to say that the .TMP files are not ALWAYS
deleted upon QUITting; as to what determines whether or not they are
deleted, I haven't a clue. I'm going to keep an eye on this for a
while, and see what I can make of it. This is truly weird.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx